PO Box 299; Centreville MD 21617
In 1942 the Moffett Family of Blakefield Farms donated to the 4-H Clubs of Queen Anne’s County, a tract of land of approximately 28.26 acres located on the Centreville to Queenstown highway about 3 miles from Centreville. Development of the property was to be under the guidance of a board of 5 to 7 county leaders elected by members of the county.
Work began on the tract of land on April 11, 1942 with 97 volunteers working all day. In July 1942, work continued for six full days with an average of 18 volunteers working each day at the Park site. The Maryland State Fair Board toured and made some suggestions. Queen Anne’s County allotment from the Maryland State Fair board was $400 that year.
On August 15, 1942, the Queen Anne’s County 4-H Club Fair took place. There were 900 people in attendance at the day long Fair. Dr. Symons dedicated the Queen Anne’s County 4-H Park on that day. Mrs. Algeron Carter was chairman of the Park. They had collected $670 in donations for Park improvements. At that time there was a well, graveled roads, 5 picnic tables,
40 hog pens, two toilets, and a show ring.
In November of 1942 the deed of this tract of land to become the Queen Anne’s County 4-H Park was completed. The deed read “for the use only for agricultural activities with 4-H Club work preference”.
Today, over 75 years later, the care of the park continues to be under the guidance of volunteers. It is maintained so that we can continue to celebrate the joys of living in an agricultural community.
What a wonderful gift the youth and residents of Queen Anne’s County were given.
Welcome to the Queen Anne's County 4-H Park's home on the web. We hope you find this informative and helpful.
Interested in renting the
Queen Anne's County 4-H Park...
Printed Reservation Forms and payments may be mailed to :
QAC 4-H Park Association, Inc.
PO Box 299
Centreville, MD 21617
Calendar of Events
Queen Anne's County Museum of
Eastern Shore Life
Step back in time to see a glimpse of our past
For more information
please visit our Facebook Page
Open the first Saturday of each month between April and October from 1-4pm. We are also open during the majority of the Queen Anne's County Fair as we are located on the fairgrounds.
Private tours may also be arranged.
Meet Our Team
(Building & Grounds Chairman)
Mike Cook, Member
Brandon Kimbles, Member
Greg Jarell, Member
Jason Price, Member
Faith Rossing, Member
Tommy Leager, Member